A FEW WORDS FROM THE PRESIDENT
Welcome to our page, dedicated to EFI Brussels’ Parents’ Association. Our association brings together all our pupils’ parents as a community, aiming to support them through their children’s education and ensure their well-being. We understand that current times are far from ideal for in-person meetings at our school, but we hope that we will all be able to meet again soon, with parents and children coming together once more.
The Parents’ Association (APE) is a non-profit organisation under Belgian law (ASBL). All parents of pupils enrolled at our school are full members of our association. All our services and activities are in keeping with the school’s educational project.
We work in the best interests of pupils and their parents, taking their thoughts into consideration and supporting them during their time at the EFI.
We were officially founded on 22 April 2021.
Our main role is to ensure that the school environment is conducive to children’s education and well-being. But more generally speaking, we also have other important roles:
SUPPORT AND TOGETHERNESS
We are first and foremost the bridge between pupils’ parents and the school’s leadership team, relaying information on school life. We are here to help, support and advise parents and welcome new families to our school in a spirit of togetherness. We are here to build relationships between families and add colour to the lives of our pupils.
MAKING SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY LIFE MORE DYNAMIC AND BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER
APE’s role is to help the school with all its activities by energising the lives of our school and community, which are both founded on the values of kindness, excellence, respect and an openness to the world. We are highly intent on building a special relationship between the leadership team and pupils’ parents. We contribute to school life by supporting educational projects and initiatives aimed at pupils. We also organise on-site events and parent get-togethers and collect funds to finance varied and diverse projects that benefit children. We also represent parents at school board meetings, which take place once a term.
Parents elect a representative, more commonly known as “parent representatives,” at the start of each academic year.
They are a clear link between the teachers and parents of each class.
They are also vital intermediaries, ensuring the proper functioning of the association by providing information to parents while also sharing knowledge about life inside the school.
We are constantly in contact with the school through our parent representatives.
Mickaël Abid President
Laurence Gigon Treasurer
Lisa Durand Secretary
Géraldine Billaudel Vice-President
Géraud Billaudel Vice-Treasurer
- Book exchange: organised every year at the school
- Uniform: we organise a uniform collection service at the end of every academic year so that they can be resold at the start of the next academic year
- Yearbook: To celebrate the success of our pupils and to provide them with a memento, we make a photo book each year, which we sell to parents and offer to teachers
- Parent coffee sessions: To encourage exchanges between parents, we organise informal get-togethers around a cup of coffee. However, unfortunately, due to the health situation over recent months, we have been unable to hold at least one coffee session per term, as planned.
- End of year festival: we will hold an end of year festival, in partnership with the school, if the situation allows.
- Class photo: we will book a professional photographer, who will take a photo of every class in the school
- Car sharing: on request, we can put parents living in neighbouring communities in contact with each other, so that they travel to and from school together
- We are also happy to provide other services requested by parents 😉