You wish to register your child at EFI Brussels for the school year 2021:
- The school welcomes students of all nationalities in accordance with the rules governing AEFE French schools abroad.
- As part of the admission procedure, all applications are carefully and rigorously examined by our teaching team, which assesses in particular the ability of students to integrate and succeed in their studies within our school.
- Registration with EFI Brussels implies full adherence to its educational values and operating rules, which guarantee the cohesion of the educational community
Calendar and application form
Registration for the 2021 school year begins on Monday, November 2, 2020 and ends on Sunday, January 31, 2021. After this date, registrations remain open within the limit of available places.
NB: Applications from students whose families are moving to Brussels during the school year (expatriation or relocation) may be considered. They will be studied within the limits of the available places.
The application form, duly completed and completed with the requested documents, must be submitted to the following address:
International French School of Brussels
Rue Engeland 555
or by e-mail at: email@example.com
No admission decision can be taken until all the documents have been received by EFI Brussels. We advise families who wish to have their children admitted to EFI Brussels to send their application form as soon as possible, since some classes fill up very quickly.
Composition of the application file
- The student's current year's school certificate and the student's last two school reports (if applicable). They must be written in English or French, or an official translation must be provided for the other languages.
- A copy of the student's identity document or passport. It is the responsibility of the parents that the student has a valid visa.
- Two recent passport photos.
- A copy of the family record book, or any document proving the child's civil liability
- A copy of the National Identity Cards or residence cards of parents/guardians
- A cheque or a copy of the payment order by bank transfer of 150 € made out to "Ecole Francaise Internationale de Bruxelles" corresponding to the administrative costs and the organisation of admissions
Download your application file
Admission procedure and criteria
Once the application file has been received, the school's Admission Committee organizes interviews with families and decides once a month on the applications received.
The Admission Committee
The Admissions Committee is composed of the President of the school, the Executive Director, the Head of School and the Head of Admissions. If necessary, other members of the teaching team are consulted.
The Commission will take its decision within ten working days of the interview with the family and the student (except in the case of a request for additional information), on the basis of the application file, the results of the assessment tests (for elementary school pupils) and the available places.
- Bilingual nursery school (Kindergarden):
Candidates for kindergarten are admitted on the basis of their application and an interview with parents and child. Invitations for interviews will be received within 10 working days of receipt of the admission file.
- Bilingual French elementary:
For elementary candidates, two cases are to be dissociated:
1. For students coming from a French school under contract or approved by the AEFE: study of the application file and interview with parents and child.
2. For children from a Belgian educational institution, an international school or a private school outside the contract in France: admission is based on the application form and the interview with parents and the child. In addition, the student must complete a 30 to 45-minute assessment test developed by our pedagogical team that corresponds to the objectives defined by the French National Education programs in French and mathematics. The results of this test will determine the admission decision.
Invitations to interviews and tests will be received within 10 working days of receipt of the admission file.
Result and registration
Within 10 working days of the interview and, if applicable, the admission test, the family is informed of the result by e-mail. This decision is final for the school year concerned.
Upon receipt of the school's response, the family of the admitted candidate has ten working days to confirm the registration by completing the registration form that will be sent to them and paying the first registration fee.
If the offer of admission has not been accepted within the 10-day period, it may be offered to a family on the waiting list.